Vailent Turbomax plus - how to top up water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Vailent turbomax plus boiler fitted. After some extensive redecorating, which invloved removing two radiators (one of which has now been refitted) the pressure obviously dropped.

My question is how do I fill up the hot water system to increase the pressure now the rad is re connected? The pressure reading is just below 1 bar. (0.8 to be exact)

Any help will be gratefully recieved. :(

Sponsored Links
I'm not a CH fitter or plumber but if this is a combi there should be a filling valve. It usually has a braided pipe connected to it. Crack this open and the pressure should increase. Consult your hand book or web site to see what it should be, usually 1-1.5 bar.

It's built in on these, underneath to the right. Do a search on this site and you'll find more details, or look at Vaillant's site where you'll find the manuals.

Sponsored Links
As your manual will point out, the turbomax has an integral filling loop. It is operated by a small key that fits into a slot in the bottom of the boiler. The key is normally held in place by an O ring, but may be missing, in which case use a screwdriver. Make sure you close the valve when up to pressure (1.0 bar is normal).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back