Vaillant 110 timerswitch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I recently moved into my new property and have a Vaillant combi boiler with a 110 timerswitch. I tried to use the timer mode but wanted to know if it was faulty or not because when I set the time the actual time is not moving so I can't make it work. I've set everything up that i think needs setting up by turning the control dial to timer mode and pushed in the little lugs on the timer dial for when I want the boiler to come on. But the actual time dial is not moving is it supposed to move or am I being stupid. I think the timerswitch is faulty but I just need some confirmation before I buy a new timerswitch unit.
Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi again all any more news on this I just want to confirm if the time dial on the timeswitch is supposed to move because on its own because mine doesn't and I think this is why the timer function is not working.
Thank you.

Mechanical clocks do generally fail after so long. As you say, yours should be moving with the time. If you set it on timed then manually move it and it comes on, it's just a case of a new time clock most likely.

Ok thank you for your advice I think I will try a new 110 timerswitch because I don't think the clock part comes away from the unit. Also does anyone know if the 150 timerswitch will work on my boiler because I thought if I was going to change the timerswitch I might aswell go for the upgraded version.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
No it wont. And its not upgraded its just a different model for a different age/type of appliance

Ok thank you I thought that the 150 timerswitch would work because it says it works on all combi boilers but I'll stick with the 110 timerswitch. I'll let you know if the new unit will solve the problem.

Yea, bit confusing but there physically two different sizes all together

Oh ok I never read anywhere that there size was different that explains why I need to stick with the the original 110 timerswitch model. One more question which I think I know the answer to but just wanted some confirmation will the vrt 30 thermostat control work with this 110 timerswitch.
Thanks again.

Vrt50 is the current version of the thermostat your talking about, the 30 I think is obsolete. And I'm "fairly" sure they work together

I did notice that the vrt 30 was showing as obsolete in most places but I did find one place that was still selling it because I thought the vrt 50 wasn't compatible with the 110 timerswitch.

My guess is that the VRT50 is eBus and if you use a timeswitch it cannot interrupt pins 3 and 4 on the mains side, or you will lose the preheat function for the Hot Water.

Ok thanks to both of you for the info I think I'll go for the vrt 30 thermostat I'll just make sure the store still has it in stock and also replace the 110 timerswitch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back