Setting timer dials on my central heating system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How I - Set timer dials on my central heating system

First photo - Turning outer dial to present time

To set the real time of day. The white arrowhead in the middle section doesn't move. You move the numbered outer dial to the arrowhed to set the time to point to it ( like a clock).

To set the real time - Hold the fingertips on this outer dial (with the numbers on it) and roll the dial around so the desired number is above the arrowhead in the middle.

Again the middle bit doesnt move at all. The arrow stays in the centre and you move the time you want to it.

For example If the real time is 10am , using two fingers to pinch the dial you slide the dial around to the number 10 to above the arrowhead . Now the time is set to real time.

How I - set the timer, times on my central heating system - Pushing the pins in to set the timer

The pins are on the outer ring above the dial with the numbers on (which slides) push in and out. The pins can be pushed in individually with a fingernail or a block of pins at a time.

This can be set to tell the system what time to automatically go on and off. Now the real time of day is set (as shown in first foto) you can push the pins in to tell the heating what time to automatically come on. It is a 24 hour clock. If I want the heating to come on at 1415pm and go off at 1630pm I push the pins in from 1415 pm and all of the pins in, up until the 1630pm

2nd Photo - Pushing the pins in to set the timer
[/img][/url]

Sponsored Links
very good.. was there a question in there or are you just telling us how to do it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back