Adding basic room thermostat to this timer system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I've created the album of pictures correctly so you can see my heating system, otherwise this post will seem pretty pointless!!

Basically my TRVs are old and most are knackered, besides the point I personally do not like TRVs... I want to buy and wire in a basic wireless dial thermostat to the timer control in my pictures. Nothing fancy just a temperature dial will do.

Currently my heating is either fully on or off, set by the timer twice a day. Trouble is I often spend a few days away at a time, and last January when we had the big freeze I had a water pipe freeze and burst. I've only just moved back in the house, so I want to be able to leave the heating on and set it low while I'm away. Besides the fact my last house had a thermostat dial and I much preferred that for general day to day use.

Can any experts advise a cheap basic dial to buy which will fit my system, and tell me where/how to wire it in according to below pictures?

Thank you for your time

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back