Vaillant 242E DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant 242E is not producing enough hot water, engineer says heat exchanger prob. scaled up, not worth replacing, wants to instal new, larger boiler. Boiler about 15 yrs old & the ONLY problem in all that time has been DHW heat exchanger, which was replaced a no. of years ago. This has been such a brilliant reliable boiler and I DON'T want to replace it. Unfortunately the guy who installed it has moved on & he was the acknowledged local Vaillant expert. My feeling is that most firms have a standard policy to recommend boiler replacement for old boilers, but my policy is to keep a good machine running, like my brilliant 12-yr-old Nissan car. Any Corgi engineers in Norwich area willing to do this job ?

Sponsored Links
I would suggest boiler repair instead of replacement. Must be sign of the times that prompts plumbers to replace boilers, often with inferior models.

Great boiler well worth repairing, if you can get someone who knows this boiler and how it works.

Unfortunately the guy who installed it has moved on & he was the acknowledged local Vaillant expert.

That must have been Gas 4 you's predecessor!

I hope that dave will do it for you. Contact him through his profile.

I always repair boilers whenever possible.

Tony

There has only ever been one acknowledged Vaillant expert in the Norwich area and he is still here and busier than ever.

What he doen't know about Vaillants from year dot is not worth knowing.

E-mail me from my profile and I will give you his contact details ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dave, I will mail you. I have since been contacted by a Norwich engineer, good to know everyone doesn't want to scrap a good boiler.
He's willing to do the repair and told me how scaling can be reduced so he sounds like my kind of engineer. I can see why not many people are experienced repairing Vaillants as mine has been so reliable, probably not many engineers get the chance ! He also put me right that there's no such thing as a Corgi engineer any more - unless the Queen has had one of hers trained up... Thanks for any replies, much appreciated.

I repair quite a few Vaillants! Did a 242 diverter valve last week!

Got to do one of the earlier 20 year old ones next week with a failed diverter valve!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back