Vaillant 428 HOW TO SET WATER/ HEATING CONTROLS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My boiler is working well, however as an idiot I just cannot figure out hot to set the water and heating controls on the boiler.
Valliant instruction say turn clockwise to increase and anti to decrease temperature. Well I have done that and all sorts of numbers move past. And when I stop it settles to a number 32 or whatever

I thought when I turn the knob a number that I want comes up and that is what I SHOULD LEAVE IT AT.
What is the average hot water and heating temperature.
Sorry folks need some help I just can't figure it out

Sponsored Links
Hello idiot the knob your turning does not do anything, its only the one with the rad symbol next to it that controls how hot the water is leaving the boiler, if you want to adjust the hot water temp there is a stat on your hot water cylinder, turn the knob with with rad symbol until it reads 70 on the display.

Hello idiot the knob your turning does not do anything, its only the one with the rad symbol next to it that controls how hot the water is leaving the boiler, if you want to adjust the hot water temp there is a stat on your hot water cylinder, turn the knob with with rad symbol until it reads 70 on the display.

Hello Picasso
Thank you for your reply its appreciated
I did some experimenting, this is what happened.
I turned the Heating and water knob to minimum. In the morning, on the timer, boiler did not fire. I then turned the Heating knob up. Rad symbol came on and the boiler fired. Is this how it works.?
I was under the impression that turning up water knob would heat the water
and vice verse with the Heat. Vaillant instructions say with a (diagram) to set water temp turn the knob clockwise and anticlockwise and vice verse with heating.

Your reply regarding the rad symbol seems contradictory but appears to work

Regarding stat on cylinder I keep that to 60 as I installed a Salamander power pump and their recommendation is not increase past 65C.

Can you please tell me what does anti cycling mode mean

I am very grateful for your reply the Vaillant instructions to me are not very informative.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you Dan

I will do as you say.

Just for information What does anti cycling mode mean ?

It is to stop the boiler switching itself on and off too much.

Unless the boiler is grossly oversized (do you really need 28kW?) then it isn't worth worrying about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back