Vaillant 630 ecotec + unvented cylinder with sensohome controller

• Thread starter Deleted member 281264
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 281264

I am about to buy controls for the boiler, but Vaillants information on their website is not great

I plan to get a sensohome rf vrt380f (wireless) with a VR66/2 will this combination control the hot water and radiators together?

Sponsored Links
The Vaillant site says the sensohome wireless only controls 1 zone, I have only 1 zone for radiators but does this mean it will control one zone and the hot water system as well?

Yes, when they state zones they mean heating zones, it is expected you would have a dhw circuit also.

So yes, 380f & VR66/2 will be fine for 1 hot water and one heating zone for that boiler

Yes, when they state zones they mean heating zones, it is expected you would have a dhw circuit also.

So yes, 380f & VR66/2 will be fine for 1 hot water and one heating zone for that boiler
Thanks SGM!

I also have 3 underfloor heating zones on a heatmiser uf4 I was just going to use seperate heatmiser thermostats for each one, do you think it's worth trying to integrate the UFH with Vaillant controls or just keep things seperate?

Sponsored Links
It's better if the whole lot is under one lot of controls. But the price to do that will be £££.

As long as the 1 heating zone is calling for heat from the boiler from the sensoHOME then the boiler will already be running, so the UFH will draw heat from it. You just need to watch that if your radiator zone is up to temperature or on timed and off then althrough the UFH will run, you will have no heat supplied from boiler.

Its possible to integrate the lot under the sensoCOMFORT control with VR71 Wiring center. So it can see the UFH and the Rads separately, and still accept an on/off signal from the UFH controls to activate the boiler for UFH alone.

I managed to find a VR71 for a very good price, I am aiming for full Vaillant control with the Sensocomfort.

Would I be able to control DHW, 1 zone of radiators and then 3 seperate zones of UFH with a VR71, Sensocomfort VRC720 and then 2 VR92's?

The Vaillant website suggest 2 wiring centres are needed to go from 3 zones of wired sensocomfort to 4 zones, one zone is only a very small bathroom area so it's quite a lot of extra expensive to get an extra wiring centre for just one tiny area, any suggestions on a way around this?

Last edited by a moderator:
VR71 will give 3 heating zones plus DHW, so as you rightly say 1x sensoCOMFORT, 2x VR92 controllers.

Personally I'd tie the small UFH zone in with one of the others. ie when 1 larger UFH zone comes on, have the samll bathroom UFH wired into the same wiring so it comes on with it. UFH shouldnt be on/off too often anyway so shouldnt be much issue with having it controlled by the main area, if it does get too warm it can be balanced down a little to put a bit less heat to the bathroom zone.

Thanks @ScottishGasMan I'm going to do as you suggested with the zones and I have pulled the trigger on the VR71, Sensohome (wired) and 2 VR92's I wanted wireless but they are nowhere to be found.

I have the boiler in the loft and want to use weather compensation, not sure how to get the sensor from loft to north facing wall. Do you know if the Vaillant wireless sensor will work with a wired sensohome?

Will be getting installed over the next few days fingers crossed

The UFH zones use the heatmiser wiring centre, can this easily be integrated with the VR92's to control the UFH?

No it will need to be the wired one.
Hi @ScottishGasMan can I pick your brains on something. What is the best way of incorporating the uh4 heatmiser wiring centre into the vaillant system with the vr71 and sensocomfort, can I use the vr92's to control the UH4 heating zones of the heatmiser?

@ScottishGasMan ended up getting the sensocomfort with vr71 and esbe mixing valve for ufh

trying to run the system in full weather comp, but it never shuts down even when demand for heat has been met pumps stay on and boiler flowing

when I change it to expanded it shuts down at the correct temp, any idea why this is?

@ScottishGasMan ended up getting the sensocomfort with vr71 and esbe mixing valve for ufh

trying to run the system in full weather comp, but it never shuts down even when demand for heat has been met pumps stay on and boiler flowing

when I change it to expanded it shuts down at the correct temp, any idea why this is?

Full weather compensation has no on/off. It is a constant demand, the only thing that changes is the target flow temperature, based on the heat curve, the outside temperature and the target indoor temperature. (Inactive setting)

(Active setting) Is similar, Constant demand with variable flow temperature based on Heat Curve, outdoor temperature, target indoor temperature AND actual indoor temperature. So its full weather compensation WITH indoor influence.

(Expanded) is the same as Active, except the room stat also acts as an on/off stat. You still have full Weather comp, the flow temperature will vary with indoor temperature also, but it will cut the demand for heat if the room exceeds the target temperature.

Theres not many systems where Id use INACTIVE, its more for 3rd party controlled zones.

I personally use ACTIVE, which means constant demand, but the lowest possible heat curve and therefor flow temperature are used, however you will need to set rooms to say 21 degrees, and keep tweaking the heat curve up or down till you have the system running steady maintaining and not overshooting a room temp around 21 degrees.

Most people will use EXPANDED as you dont need to be as accurate on the heat curve setting, as if its a little too high, the room temp begins to overshoot and the thermostat will cut the demand for heat until the room temp falls below target again.

Full weather compensation has no on/off. It is a constant demand, the only thing that changes is the target flow temperature, based on the heat curve, the outside temperature and the target indoor temperature. (Inactive setting)

(Active setting) Is similar, Constant demand with variable flow temperature based on Heat Curve, outdoor temperature, target indoor temperature AND actual indoor temperature. So its full weather compensation WITH indoor influence.

(Expanded) is the same as Active, except the room stat also acts as an on/off stat. You still have full Weather comp, the flow temperature will vary with indoor temperature also, but it will cut the demand for heat if the room exceeds the target temperature.

Theres not many systems where Id use INACTIVE, its more for 3rd party controlled zones.

I personally use ACTIVE, which means constant demand, but the lowest possible heat curve and therefor flow temperature are used, however you will need to set rooms to say 21 degrees, and keep tweaking the heat curve up or down till you have the system running steady maintaining and not overshooting a room temp around 21 degrees.

Most people will use EXPANDED as you dont need to be as accurate on the heat curve setting, as if its a little too high, the room temp begins to overshoot and the thermostat will cut the demand for heat until the room temp falls below target again.
Thank you for this, I have been running it on inactive thinking this meant weather comp.

I will change it and see how it goes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back