Weather sensor for the 2023 Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the 2023 release Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 installed (touch screen display at front).

It was installed with a Wolseley Centre wireless controller however the radiators were taking 50 minutes to 1 hour to come up to the target flow rate of 60 degrees and after much misdirection by Vaillant technical help I came to the conclusion to try swapping out the controller, replacing it with the Vaillant SensoHome wireless controller.

It has solved the gas modulation problem so the boiler comes up to its pre determined flow rate in 20 - 25 mins however a new problem to solve is how to stop the radiators running hot (flow rate of 75 degrees), I need to be able to adjust the heat curve which requires a weather sensor.

My question is what are my options? And yes, I know I should have purchased the SensoComfort controller as it comes with a weather sensor and I know that now but frankly those in the business have been giving me duff advise and I have had to have a crash course in modern boilers so Vaillant can’t pull the wool over my eyes again.

Having forked out enough already I don’t want to spend another couple of hundred £s, just on a sensor, I’m disabled and money is tight.

Bearing in mind the SensoHome controller I have is wireless:

Can I pair a Glow Worm weather sensor with the SensoHome and if so will it unlock heat curve settings?
Can a hard wired Vaillant weather sensor be installed (something like the VRC693 or equivalent) and will the SensoHome recognise the sensor to unlock the heat curve settings?

Thank you in advance for any advise, including the bleeding obvious. All is welcome.

Dan.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back