Ecotec plus 832 with SensoHome/SensoNet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 connected to a Nest thermostat.

I am really bored of manually adjusting the flow temperature as the Nest is not able to do this with Valiant boilers (at least not in the UK due to lack of VR33 module).

Do you know if 832 is compatible with Homesense/Homenet modules so that they'll do automatically the weather/load compensation?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the sensoHOME will do load/room compensation out the box, so as rooms get near desired temperature the thermostat will tell boiler to lower the flow temperature.

the sensoHOME will do load/room compensation out the box, so as rooms get near desired temperature the thermostat will tell boiler to lower the flow temperature.
Thanks, I know that it can do all that, the question is whether it is compatible with Ecoplus 832.

Sponsored Links
It would be the VR20 outdoor sensor then. If your going to buy both, you may be cheaper buying a sensoCOMFORT controller, as this comes with the outdoor sensor.

It would be the VR20 outdoor sensor then. If your going to buy both, you may be cheaper buying a sensoCOMFORT controller, as this comes with the outdoor sensor.
thanks, the problem is that sensocomfort is not available in most retailers at the moment.

So just thinking to go with the below:
- SensoHome VRT380F
- SensoNet for connectivity
- The glowworm outdoor sensor that it much cheaper than the VR20 but it is compatible.

Am I missing anything?

I has sensohome/sensonet installed today.

I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind, installer was not very knowledgeable unfortunately.

- I cant control flow temp manually anymore. is this correct?
- how do I connect outdoor sensor to sensohome? Cant find anywhere the option...
- Sensonet is not working, any idea how do I reset the box?

Many thanks in advance. Hopefully I won't regret moving from Nest, first day is really messy....

The sensohome will take control of the boiler flow temperature (one massive advantage over the likes of the nest) if there is a fair difference between your desired room temperature and actual, it will run the boiler hot, as the room temperature nears the desired, it will lower flow temperature to try achieve a balance, letting the boiler condense and reducing cycling.

The wireless outdoor sensor needs pairing to the wireless receiver, press receiver button till LED flashes, then press the little button on the back of the vr20 sensor for about 10-15 seconds and a small led on that will blink once or twice. After 5 min or so the outdoor temp should be displayed on the senso home. You'll then need to set a heat curve. Settings-installer level- 00- installation configuration- circuit1- heat curve- set it to 2, if you feel like tge system doesn't get warm enough then tweak it up a little at a time toll your comfortable.

Did the sensonet connect to the WiFi and run through initial setup ok? If so it may just be doing a firmware update, they often look faulty at first till the update is complete, then probably in a day or two you'll gey an email advising to upgrade to myvaillant app rather than sensoapp, it's free and much better, just a case of they come on the old software version initially as not all systems are compatible with the new one yet.

The sensohome will take control of the boiler flow temperature (one massive advantage over the likes of the nest) if there is a fair difference between your desired room temperature and actual, it will run the boiler hot, as the room temperature nears the desired, it will lower flow temperature to try achieve a balance, letting the boiler condense and reducing cycling.

The wireless outdoor sensor needs pairing to the wireless receiver, press receiver button till LED flashes, then press the little button on the back of the vr20 sensor for about 10-15 seconds and a small led on that will blink once or twice. After 5 min or so the outdoor temp should be displayed on the senso home. You'll then need to set a heat curve. Settings-installer level- 00- installation configuration- circuit1- heat curve- set it to 2, if you feel like tge system doesn't get warm enough then tweak it up a little at a time toll your comfortable.

Did the sensonet connect to the WiFi and run through initial setup ok? If so it may just be doing a firmware update, they often look faulty at first till the update is complete, then probably in a day or two you'll gey an email advising to upgrade to myvaillant app rather than sensoapp, it's free and much better, just a case of they come on the old software version initially as not all systems are compatible with the new one yet.
Thanks, as you mention the sensonet connected automatically and with no issues after a couple of hours flashing and changing colours. It works fine now.

Outdoor sensor has a button and a led which is flashing once I press on it, but Sensohome has absolutely no button to press so that I’ll link it with the sensor. Unless I can’t see it! Edit: I need to hold the button to top, I just found it. Can’t connect to the glow worm sensor so I ll need the original and more expensive VR20.

Really appreciate your time and reponse.

Last edited:
The sensonet button for pairing is 9n the receiver, thats the white box with green led that must have been wired to boiler

The sensonet button for pairing is 9n the receiver, thats the white box with green led that must have been wired to boiler
Thanks, this worked this morning. Glow-worm connected and managed to activate Heat curve menus etc.

Now I get a F.521 error, Outdoor temperature sensor signal invalid. (although I can read the outdoor temp in sensoApp and in Sensohome display). IS this because it is a Glow worm sensor? Signal level is 8 so this shouldn't be a problem. Maybe it is low on charge as it was in the box for months I suppose. And I don't know how to delete this fault code.... Anyway I'll leave it with the fault and hopefully it'll go away. Otherwise I may need to pay for the expensive VR20.

Update: Restarted the boiler and error went away. All is working.

Headline message: Connect everything and let the system settle for a day. Various errors and hiccups will disappear automatically. Can't really call this Plug and Play (it is Plug and Pray), but here we go for weather compensation and some efficiency savings.

Special thanks to ScottishGasMan! :)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back