Vaillant ecotec plus 832 and VSmart does it look right to you?

I asked Vaillant about which flow temperature to set considering that I'm using a VSmart and this is their reply:

"if you have a combination boiler, then a suitable flow temperature for the heating would be between 55 and 65 degrees as this allows the boiler to remain in a condensing mode which is when it runs at its most efficient."

I thought that the temperature should be set higher to let the VSmart operate with the full range

Sponsored Links
It depends on your house - if it's cold and draughty like mine, then in the colder weather you might need to set the max CH temp at the boiler higher to be able to get up to temperature. Bear in mind that if you do set your boiler to these sort of max temps, it will effectively mean that the heat curve will work up to that level, but beyond that, regardless of what vSMART is asking for, the boiler will top out at the set level.

If you set the boiler to it's max setting (85C for central heating) that would allow vSMART to be supplied with flow temps up to 85C, and then, depending on your heat curve, how cold it is outside, and the madness of the vSMART algorithms, you might see that at D9 it sometimes calls for even higher temps.

So according to my test with the hysteresis algorithm I spent 2 m3 less. The second day has been a little bit warmer though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back