Vaillant SensoHome controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 630 and a VRC 470F Controller. The controller has been playing up a bit lately and I would like to replace it with a SensoHome System and ultimately with the internet gateway.

Does anybody know if the SensoHome comes with a radio receiver (the boiler part)?

I can’t find it listed anywhere as a part.

It could be that the receiver is the flakey part of my current setup and I would rather change that as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Yes, If you buy the wireless sensoHOME it comes with the reciever unit. However it doesnt fit into boiler facia, it needs mounted on wall and wired into boiler by an engineer.

Is it just one heating zone? or is there a 2nd zone with its own thermostat? and what wiring centre has it got? (white box the zone valves wired into)

Hi Thanks for your reply. I have only one heating zone and a Megaflo HW Zone. That makes two zones right?
I have the VR66 wiring centre. I see the spec's say a VR66/2 is required. Would you know the difference?
I only see VR66 listed as a part online and other comments I have seen say the part number is the same. My VR66 was installed in 2014.
Thanks in for your help.

Vailant tend to say x zones as in x heating zones, as they always assume there will be one.

You 'should' be able to get away with your current VR66 if its only one heating zone. Would def need the vr66/2 if you had separate hearing zones, ie upstairs/downstairs/hot water

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
You should b3 able to pair the outdoor weather sensor to it aswell if the 470f external sensor is still good

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Many thanks. This is all very helpful. My existing external sensor is still good but I might get another one to keep all the controls 'the same age'. Thanks again ScottishGasMan.

Hello I finally got round to getting the new controls. Any idea how I disable the old VRC470F receiver? It's in the boiler facia and attached to the boiler control panel via the pcb.
I connected the new sensohome to the ebus and it appears to work ok but I had two controls working together. I disconnected the new one for now until I figure it out.
Thanks in advance if anybody is monitoring this old thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back