vaillant 824 hot water cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys and Gals, I have a 7 year old Vaillant 824/2E boiler which is giving me some grief. The ch side is perfect, no problem with that. The problem lies with the hw, which has never actually been brilliant since day one. Gradually the amount of time the hw runs for is decreasing until now it is only 9-10 seconds. The temp runs up ( I get hot water) the boiler appears to cutout out but the flame symbol stays on and steam is still coming from the flue. The temp then drops very fast. If I then switch off I can up that to about 15 seconds but that is now decreasing to the point where a cold shower is becoming more frequent :( The warmstart feature works perfectly but does not help in any way and is switched off.
I have done a diagnosis check on the diverter valve and hw demand and these check out ok. Any help would be appreciated and please forgive my lack of trade "speak" Thanks, Don.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back