vaillant 824eco how do i reduce pressure in c/h system..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure in the c/h system was to low (according to the dial)and i raised it from below .5bar to about 1.75 and switched on the system. i came back later to find the dial showing over 3bar. i think the dial isnt that great im sure that the system itself is o.k but what is the best way to release the pressure. and on a system in an ordinary 2bed house at what point would the internal release valve start working (just interested)id be very appreciative of any help that can be offered.

Sponsored Links
The prv is set to open at around 3 Bar.

You need to open a drain off on the ch flow or return connction under the boiler and let some water out into a bucket until the pressure is about 1.2 Bar.

Press the '-' button for an accurate system pressure.

I assume you closed the 2 filling valves after increasing the pressure?

thanks dave for taking the time to reply.....when i pressurised the system i only had to open 1 valve which (i closed) to get it to fill and the pressure was over 3bar (top of the dial) when i shut it off. should the release valve have started before then? the pressure has dropped to 2bar now its cooled. should the pressure remain constant at about 1bar with minor fluctuation. and finally what is the protocol for releasing the pressure bearing in mind im a complete muppet.....

You need to open a drain off on the ch flow or return connection under the boiler and let some water out into a bucket until the pressure is about 1.2 Bar.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back