vokera no dhw until i turn on c/h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a vokera 20-80 rs flowmatic recently i have removed a radiator and since then have turned all the electrics off then this last 2 months the dhw has stopped working unless i turn the c/h on i did fiddle with the valves thinking that "as a man thats all i need to do in order to fix it" but it didnt work i noticed that the pressure was up at 3bar so today i released some of the pressure to take it back down to 1.5. can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Probably diverter valve failed!

Not a very easy DIY job so you may end up having to get a professional!

I suppose that you have not had it serviced lately if at all?

Tony

Probably diverter valve failed!

Not a very easy DIY job so you may end up having to get a professional!

I suppose that you have not had it serviced lately if at all?

Tony

no ive not had it serviced but we did only move in last year we dont even know how old it is (vokera say if more than 12 years its not covered by their all in repair price) im even wondering wether to get a new boiler if its gonna start costing hundreds

Your boiler could be a little older than that BUT, it can be serviced, repaired or overhauled to give you years of faithful service yet.

Having worked on plenty of these boilers, I would not be thinking of replacing the boiler. Instead I would be looking to contact an engineer who knows this boiler, knows how it works, knows how to dismantle and put it together, instead of changing one part after another.

Switch the boiler off at the mains, remove outer cover and using 11mil spanner release air from top of white vessel (located right hand side towards the back).

Sponsored Links
Because we do most repairs on a fixed price basis, then we still repair the diverter valves for £106, but its a much more involved job on your model and quite time consuming as usually the whole valve usually has to be dismantled and cleaned out as they are mostly jammed at this age unless anyone has properly serviced then and DP is the only person I know who ever does that.

Most people do the repair and then run leaving the boiler in a very poor state.

Because they are now so old, most people will come round and and say its not worth repairing and just push to fit a new boiler as thats a more profitable job for them.

As DP says they are very solidly made boilers and if anyone takes the trouble with them they are very reliable.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back