Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have a Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic, and have noticed recently that the outer casing seemed to be running a bit hot, even with the c/h & h/w off.

I noticed that the pilot light seemed to be quite wide, to the extent that it is covering the part which emits the spark when you relight the pilot.

I took off the cover and cleaned the parts around the pilot to no avail.

Is it normal for the outer casing to be so warm?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Gary.

Sponsored Links
by taking the cover off you have already breached the gas safety regulations and unless you are CORGI then you have no idea of the can of worms that you have just opened, Agile will happily elaborate for you.....

Sponsored Links
First off, Id Say, no offence, but you dont sound to be qualified/compitent to be taking bits off the boiler and getting in about them, so if youve disturbed it Id be reccommending you get a CORGI to check youve not compromised a seal or installed a gas leak etc (youve likely not caused it any bother, but likely isnt good enough)

And 2nd, i cant say def yes or no to the heat, but quite often ive worked on these boilers, and theve been fairly warm to touch when off due to the pilot. so maybe ok.

One think to note: is the fan running quietly when the boilers off? as on these the fan should run permanently for permanent pilots to extract the fumes, if the fans not running all the time heat could build up.

Get someone to look at it.

SGM

penpusher said:
by taking the cover off you have already breached the gas safety regulations and unless you are CORGI then you have no idea of the can of worms that you have just opened, Agile will happily elaborate for you.....

Don't think so, he hasn't got time now he has a new friend in Hysteresis :LOL:

wasn't having a go, agile has the regs off by heart, I on the other hand, can't be bothered to quote them to someone who thinks it perfectly OK to start DIYing on gas appliances. Obviously they have no children or don't give a damn. either way may the yappie dog strike them down.....here endeth

I know what I know and know the regs for what I do. I know what I do is compliant and safe, but as for obscure regs and quoting them, I haven't got a clue. I'm a hands on doer, not a £orgi inspector 'quote regs but can't do the job' person :LOL:

wasn't having a go at you either G4Y, think the OP has run off and found someone to justify his actions anyways, I'm just a little jaded at the people who come on here and say " I've got a problem and although I know that I should have a pro look at it, i've used the little knowledge I've gained down the pub/my best mate says/i'm an aircraft engineer so i know what I'm doing" but when it goes t**ts-up they want our advice.

penpusher said:
wasn't having a go, agile has the regs off by heart,

I only have a working knowledge of the regs we need on a day by day basis.

In this case its a negative case pressure so its not that problematic.

Whats more concerning is that he takes it all apart without reading up on how it works.

It sounds as if the fan is not slow running but he has not thought about that as a likely cause of the overheating or checking the resistance of the series resistance etc.

I am pretty confident of the care taken by aircraft engineers. I remember a BBC friend did not want me to read my Air Disasters book onboard when we went to Sri Lanka

Tony

No penpusher, I haven't "run off", I just decided not to respond to your condescending attitude. You really seem to have great enthusiasm for your chosen field, but maybe you should take the night off from policing the forum every now and then. I was only looking for some advice, and if I have done something wrong, then say so. But your bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.

Gary67 said:
But your bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.

Someone else said that about me last week!

It seems that none of us are immune !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back