Vokera tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vokera 20/80 rs flowmatic and when i turn the hot water tap on 9 times out of 10 the thing trips out and the red light comes on any ideas .Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It is not a Flowmatic. Flowmatic does not have a red light except ON/OFF switch which only powers the boiler, nothing else.

it is the excell that has the led`s

is this your boiler or 1 you are working on? ;)

Sponsored Links
It is not a Flowmatic. Flowmatic does not have a red light except ON/OFF switch which only powers the boiler, nothing else.

:oops: Yes sorry your right i was looking at my old boiler manual its a compact 24.
Thanks.

I seem to remember when we got this fitted the fan was running all the time in the flue and i can not hear it now only when it fires up is it suppose to run all the time on these models or have i got it wrong.

it won`t be the dhw flow restrictor bingo, its tripping on ch as well

although if op is draining down boiler to replace thermistors ( pn8484 )

i would chuck it out at the same time :evil:

it won`t be the dhw flow restrictor bingo, its tripping on ch as well

although if op is draining down boiler to replace thermistors ( pn8484 )

i would chuck it out at the same time :evil:

So do you have any ideal then apart from chucking it out because i am getting desperate.please.

Unfortunately these are particularly difficult boilers to diagnose intermittent faults on.

This arises because the red light can be caused by at least five different fault situations.

Of course there are several mostly gas related settings which an engineer would check and any of these might be causing your problem.

The trick is to eliminate those which you can check and then wonder what is left which could be causing the problem. That usually leaves the PCBs which are both unreliable and expensive.

Tony

Unfortunately these are particularly difficult boilers to diagnose intermittent faults on.

no they are not, one of the easiest in vokera`s range

Of course there are several mostly gas related settings which an engineer would check and any of these might be causing your problem.

this is true, but its a diy forum, so lets help the OP with non gas functioning parts first

The trick is to eliminate those which you can check and then wonder what is left which could be causing the problem.

i am not a magician, im a registered gas installer

That usually leaves the PCBs which are both unreliable and expensive.

they are not unreliable, and there cost is comparable or less than other boiler manufacturers

to the OP,

either get in a RGI to repair your boiler
or get vokera in on a fixed price repair
or replace both thermistors (part number in boiler manual), they will cost you appox £16, take 10 minutes to fit following boiler manuals instructions

IF its not the thermistors you will have to get vokera/rgi as it could be gas related (min/max gas pressures)

Thanks alot will give it a try and i will let you know the outcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back