vaillant 831 heat up time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey fellas, i've had the latest vaillant 831 installed in march with a salus programmable room stat. The first few days the radiators heated up to 75 degrees in 10 - 12 minutes. But after a few days it seemed to take longer ? the installer says its learning and adjusting :S. pressure is 0.9 bar at its lowest and has not been filled since installation.

I know the burner modulates but I read something about the heating curve - that it can be changed? Im not sure that he's done this. I've tried going into the installer level without success - i can cycle through the numbers but pressing ok doesn't delve any deeper.

2. Very infrequently i hear a rumble coming from the boiler. It lasts about 1-2 seconds.. should i be worried ?
Thanks alot.

Sponsored Links
This sounds like the kind of customer whom we hope we dont come across!

Thats the one who decides he knows more than the installer and wants to have his own fiddle with the settings!

Then when they get it horribly wrong expect the installer to appear at 8 pm on a Saturdy evening ( without any payment ) and swear blind that they never touched anything!

I was trying to confirm whether what he told me was bs or not tbh. It was one of your own posts agile that I read advising that this should be set and that most installers don't set the maximum output. I did not fiddle with the options prior to the heat up time changing FYI. Sometimes its quicker sometimes its slower to heat up. Your assumptions are innacurate.

Sponsored Links
You wanted to enter the installer level! The max power output is settable in the standard settings.

In any case you stated that you wanted to alter heating curves and not max power output ! That only applies when WC has been fitted. Do you have it?

Your boiler has the latest makers system which the makers pretend does not need the max power level to be set. There seems little installer feedback yet on the finer points of using these models.

I would also say that running at a flow temp of 75 C is much too high for efficient operation. How do you expect it to be condensing?

Until then my advice is to see what it does and then if you feel any changes are needed to ask the installer to set it, if he agrees!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back