Vaillant 835 update!

Chris
In no way am i on here to slag you or anybody else off! Just getting a little frustrated at the way certain tradesmen operate.Happy to take your money to install a boiler then not have a clue when it goes wrong!
Hindsights a wonderful thing but, but did not know at the the engineer did not know how to repair the product they recommend/fit.
As i said in a previous post i fitted a diverter valve as this was the advice given to the first engineer i called who was too busy to fit it but was willing to call Vaillant tech on my behalf.This did not cure the problem.
Having been recommended another engineer in the Bristol area wednesday, two days passed where i was promised a visit but alas no engineer called!
Hope this clears the air!
Regards Pete.

Sponsored Links
Why do all you chaps resort to taking the p**s? Just because i'm not a "boiler expert" does't mean i'm stupid!!
What exactly is the use of this forum? Is it not for advice or just so you lot can take pleasure in keeping us at the mercy of plumbers/boiler engineers who like us to wait in all day and then don't turn up?

Thanks for your constructive advice,Pete.

Who exactly are you accusing of taking the p i s s?

I for one cannot see any post that has not been anything but positive :confused:

Having been recommended another engineer in the Bristol area wednesday, two days passed where i was promised a visit but alas no engineer called!
Hope this clears the air!
Regards Pete.

Its not much good being "recommended" to "another engineer" who promised a visit but did not turn up for two days!

We suggested Chris as a very competent local engineer and you chose not to call him but instead called someone else who never turned up!

When one heating engineer recommends another then I would suggest that should carry more weight than a householder with no knowledge of the technicalities involved. Have you told them you are not happy with their recommendation?

You also chose a boiler installer who had no idea how to repair boilers.

I do have to say that in spite of the good advice being given, you seem to make your choice of someone else who is either unable to do the job or does not even turn up. I dont think that you should be blaming the furum for that!

You have not answered my question about thermal transfer paste being used when the new sensors were fitted?

Tony

Chris/Tony
If you check the previous posts you were recommended on Thursday and i had already contacted a second engineer on the Wednesday who said he could call and take a look the following day.After a couple of calls and a day of waiting around i was told it would then be Friday, which again Friday came and went and still no engineer.
Again in hindsight, i should have contacted Chris, but i was going on the recommendation of a local plumber and had no reason to believe the engineer would not be unreliable!
Finally in answer to Tonys quiz i believe heat transfer paste is to stop hot spots on the temperature sensors fitted in a dry pocket :confused:
Regards Pete.

Sponsored Links
The heat transfer paste is used to ensure the sensor has a low thermal resistance to the system water.

My question was has it been used when the new sensors were fitted?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back