Vaillant Ecotech 835

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've got a year old Vaillant Ecotech plus 835 boiler and 11 Radiators. Due to a leak in pipework, I had to get the system drained, the leak repaired and then refilled.

All is well, except my installer settings have all reset (Boiler used to go into anti-cycling mode and I changed the settings which fixed this issue).

Now I was going to access the Installer menu and setup the D.XX settings, however I am stuck to the point where I can see the number 00. Basically I'm supposed to press OK to enter the setting, but nothing is happening at all. Am I supposed to do something different?

Also can anyone recommend optimal settings for the current setup?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much East61.

I've got a bit of an issue.. Basically all the radiators are fine, except the 2 in the loft. One is lukewarm and the other you can only feel a tiny tiny bit of heat. I've checked the trv and made sure the valves on both sides are fully open. I've also bleeded both radiators, but this hasn't worked.

Both radiators are almost brand new and were working fine before. Any suggestions what else I could try?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Plenty of guides online, search for balancing central heating radiators.

Essentially you start by restricting flow on the first radiator from your boiler flow by partially closing the lock shield valve, and work you way through each radiator until you reach the last radiator which would normally be fully open.

The idea is to stop the first radiators stealing all the flow so to allow all radiators in the system to heat up equally.

As a starting point you could fully close all radiators except the ones in the loft to see if they get hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back