Vaillant 837/937 frost protection

I don't think that's available on the 360f.

Well I think so, it would help if Vaillant expalined how their products are supposed to work and provided decent operating instructions instead of keeping it all secret!

Sponsored Links
Tipper

i've added this bit to my previous post.

Edit: I've just had a quick look at the specs for the VRT360 and i looks like it is possible to set time windows for the circulating pump.

Like it has already been said the 937 does a very good job at protecting it's pipes and you are worrying a bit too much about it.

Last edited by JoeMar on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total

Sponsored Links
The 'circulation pump' referred to is an external pump that you may have for an additional HW tank external to the 937. 'Heating' is the internal circ pump that pushes water round the rads.

The 360f gives only three heating (or circ pump) periods per day, HI, H2 & H3.

Can't see how you could do what you suggested.

Have a look under your 937 and you will see what I mean about potential unprotected piping. I just think for an unheated location it will be best to cover the underside of the boiler which I have done. Going to make up a little waistcoat for the Magnaclean too!

Interestingly Vaillant cover their a*ses by saying in the installatiuon instructions that a frost stat may be required locally and suggest connecting it across 3 & 4 but don't say what impact that has on the eBus management.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back