Vaillant Ambisense (on heat pump) - function and reliability?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Vaillant HP with 17 rads on a single circuit.

• Building has 3 thermal zones - house, office and workshop; sun impacts house in the morning.
  • Currently controlled with Wiser, which works fine, but bad for the heat pump efficiency.
  • Considering replacing Wiser with AmbiSense starter pack and some standard TRVs to gain load modulation (and make it simpler).

My understanding is that I'd add VRC921 to the existing VRC700, and connect the three TRVs. This should be enough as there are large emitters in each zone to temper output on higher flow when needed and anyway the HP likes lots of system volume flowing at all times.

But, a bunch of threads on here suggests it's not very good and I'm concerned about wireless coverage.
  • Do the AmbiSense TRVs connect over WiFi or Zigbee?
  • VRC700 is currently in the cupboard with the heat pump - can the TRVs call for heat with the VRC700 thinking it's warm already?
  • Is the app now usable?
Many thanks indeed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back