vaillant aqua plus DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all you knowlegable experts , i would dearly love your input on my boiler problem.

central heating works fine , no issues at all.

we had a problem of no DHW after first 15 litres ( i tracked this down to the aqua sensor and a new one was fitted ) old ones impeller basically bald with no fins left. http://s161.photobucket.com/user/am...mera/IMG_20140514_221914_zpsj9w0jqmh.jpg.html

DHW is fine for first 15 litres (comfort store) then the following water is a lot cooler then it goes full temp then cooler then full temp then cooler. etc previous to this problem we always had full temp all the time. or as near as dammit :)

the diverter seems fine (ran hot water for 10 mins and no heating up of CH flow pipes or radiators) i have read the suggestions in a few threads :)

when the tap is on full the heat exchanger has 3 hot pipes and 1 cold one the cold one is the one on the DHW pump. boiler gas is kicking up no problem and modulates a bit up and down.

this is slightly strange though when the tap is turned off and it replenishes the store , as it reaches temp the check valve in the DHW pump seems to let the hot water back into the cold water feed pipe as far as 6 inches before the aqua sensor, just for a few seconds, then it goes cold again until the next recharge.( is a check valve spring loaded to let it back or is it meant to be a true one way valve? )

whilst the tap is turned this dhw pump housing is always cold.

the temperature showing on d40 is 72 and d41 is 55

d37 is sitting around 96 to 100 (if this helps at all)

one anomaly i have is d12 (DHW pump- status shows a - sign only when the tap is turned on. (i presume this means its not spinning ?) when the tap is off and its recharging the store i can hear it spinning.

i hope this helps someone diagnose this issue for me , any more info required i will surely try to get it for you. i just don't want to start buying bits unneccesarily , but the lack of a Steaming hot bath is getting me grief from her indoors.

regards Stumped Mark

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I had a Vaillant 937 that was experiencing shift load pump related issues, and it was simply resolved by putting some air back into the hot water expansion vessel.

The Aquaplus is a pig to work on and it might be worth considering replacement now; Vaillant boilers aren't what they used to be and your unit must be over 10 yrs old.

I had a Vaillant 937 that was experiencing shift load pump related issues, and it was simply resolved by putting some air back into the hot water expansion vessel.

The Aquaplus is a pig to work on and it might be worth considering replacement now; Vaillant boilers aren't what they used to be and your unit must be over 10 yrs old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back