Vaillant Boiler Controls Upgrade Questions (On/Off to VRC720 + VR92 + VR71 + VR10s)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have an "old fashioned" system with a Vaillant EcoTec 637 (Way oversized), a timer for the radiators (with room stat in hall) and vented HW cylinder (with tank on/off stat) + a programmable stat for the UFH

In discussions with the Vaillant technical people I think the solutions they have suggested (VRC720 + VR92 + VR71 + VR10s) is correct but I have a simple question to start with that's more to do with layout than the inevitable follow up questions about how to control it all

We have a 2.3KW radiator in the hall and UFH in the Dining room and Kitchen which are all in an open plan area. Currently the radiator thermostat is in the hall (near the dining room) and the UFH thermostat is between the dining room and the kitchen (not near the hall). It always feels like the thermostats are fighting each other and either the other rooms are too cold as the UFH is causing the radiator stat to turn off or the UFH is turning off too early because the hall is heating up the dining room (happens less often)

My question is with the new system we will still have two room thermostats for load compensation (one for radiators one for UFH) so where would it be best to place each one or is it not an issue as the weather and load compensation plus the modulation of the boiler enough to "balance" the system?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back