Vaillant Boiler F2.2

gtg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

We moved into a new house yesterday and have been having some problems getting our boiler to work. It won't fire up and shows fault f2.2.

I've looked at these forums and it looks like this means low water pressure. The problem I have is I can't see any obvious way to fill it.

The boiler is a Vaillant and the full model number is in the pic below.

If anyone could shed any light on it then it would be much appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have a system boiler so the filling loop will be remote from the boiler, it should look something like this

and might be near the hot water cylinder.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtg
Great, thanks for your help! It looks like it is half way up on the left hand side of this picture. Does that seem right? (Sorry pic is rotated but I think you'll know what I mean!)

One other thing. How do we actually fill it? There is a cold water tap nearby so is there an attachment we should use to link to that?

Unscrew the small brass cap on the valve and connect the free end of the silver hose, then just open the black tap until the boiler guage reads 1 bar,if you press the "-" button on the boiler it will show the pressure in the system, make sure the tap is fuly off when your finished.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtg
Sponsored Links
That's worked a treat. Thanks very much for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back