Vaillant boiler not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! We have just moved into our new home and are struggling because the boiler wasn't working! We first of all had no display and with friends help changed the fuses in the circuit board which got the boiler up and running! We left it on overnight and we still have no hot water, haven't tried heating. We have got it on the warmstart system and it's all flashing correctly for that and you can hear the boiler kicking into action and the water temperatures set around 60 but it won't budge off 19... help?! The estate agents/previous owners are no help whatsoever as we've rang them and all they have come back with is there is a switch on the wall... if we don't get it working tonight to call them again

Sponsored Links
And the boiler model?

Calling the Agent will mean Monday!

Unless disclosed the sellers have sold the property with everything working.

Unless you want a weekend without water you may need to call an engineer and hope you can reclaim the cost from the seller.

When was it last serviced?

Tony

It's a turbomax plus 824 e. Not sure when it was last serviced. We are going to get it done soon anyway. We have since tried the central heating and that didn't seem to warm up either

If it has not been used for a while the pump may have become seized up.

A DIYer can look at that on your model.

Look at FAQ on this site for spinning a pump!

Sponsored Links
Do you by any chance have a link to it? Struggling to find if on a slow 3G connection as we haven't got wifi yet! :(

Do you by any chance have a link to it? Struggling to find if on a slow 3G connection as we haven't got wifi yet! :(

I know it may be a stupid question ! but you do have pressure in the system ? Look on gauge ? has any valves been shut off under boiler, Do you have gas ?

We do have pressure, it's Steady at about 1.1 I don't think anything has been shut off, will double check in morning but it's making all the right noises just not heating the water! No error codes coming up or anything. Today it rose from 19 to max 25 water temp in boiler. Gas supply to the house is fine

We've learnt that the previous owners shut it off completely for 2 months...

Have you turned both the knobs on the front of the boiler all the way clockwise?

Yep we have turned them all up to max and everything in between. Think we are just going to have to call someone out tomorrow

It seems the FAQ don't seem to have the bit on spinning pumps any more.

In fact they are not at all helpful any more.

You may well be able to search the web for seized pumps but I know that can be harder with a poor connection.

It seems the FAQ don't seem to have the bit on spinning pumps any more.

In fact they are not at all helpful any more.

You may well be able to search the web for seized pumps but I know that can be harder with a poor connection.
Surely you can Tell him how too then ;)

I think the OP is a she and I don't get the impression they are very keen to open the boiler and try a DIY repair and indeed may not have the required tools.

If they call an engineer then he will find it a simple job to spin the pump IF that is the problem which seems very likely if the boiler has not been used for the last two months. But it might be something else.

The engineer could do a service to make his visit more useful. Otherwise if seized pump it will hardly take 10 minutes.

Tony

We've had my other halfs brother out and he had a look inside and said it all seems to be in working order from what he can tell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back