Vaillant Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
opinions please

in particular the turbomax 837e

cheers

Sponsored Links
Not exactly sure which model, but I had a Turbomax fitted at home nearly four years ago and I've had no problems with it at all, and have yet to get it serviced! Also, having got several quotes from plumbers to do the job at the time, they all recommended the Vaillant as the most reliable(hopefully not the most profitable!!), although for the combi a good water pressure would appear to be desirable. NOT a recommendation, just an honest opinion :D

friend of mine swears by them , he is not a plumber just had several houses and always had a valiant put in

Cheers for the feedback guys - its down to the Vaillant 837e(£830) or the Worcester Bosch 35Cdi (£930). At the moment I'm leaning towards the Worcester because they have a reputation for reliability - but your recommendadtions are giving me 2nd, 3rd & 4th thoughts!

Sponsored Links
I had a turbomax put in 6 months ago, bought it mainly as i had one in the flat i used to live in. Top boiler, had the occasional fault (leaking water. which i was told was a design fault on those particular models). But been pretty solid. I also thought about going with something else but everyone i know has vaillant. Thats what made me go for Vaillant

ditto got a valliant last year really good.

i think they've been is business a couple of 100 years

aleks

Have learned to be a bit cautious about newly released boilers. Recent couple of Vaillants have had horrendous failure rates (Turbomax VUW 242/282 and VUW 824/828). The failures have been specific components like diverter valves, which they managed to get right after the first couple of years.

I'd go for efficiency(35cdi isn't great) and water volume. Neither if these mfrs produces lemons so if you're unlucky, stick with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back