Vaillant combi boiler CH but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

...no hot water as in no flow, at all. No flow from any hot tap in the house.

I've seen quite a few fixes on DIYnot for this one, and (unless I am doing it wrong) it's not a simple valve left closed after refilling the central heating, as others have had.

pic below if this helps:

Questions:
1 Have I missed a valve somewhere?
2 If not, any ideas where the fault may lie, and
3 is it user serviceable or one for the Vaillant service personnel.

I am happy to gamble on spending up to £20 on a part and as I always say,

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored Links
You must have left the cold mains feed to the boiler closed, open valve and all will be ok.

You must have left the cold mains feed to the boiler closed, open valve and all will be ok.

I assume you mean the valve on the cold water supply pipe below the boiler?

This is ON (big red handle in line with pipe) but it goes through an electric descaler thingy before reaching the boiler - could it be that which is preventing water even getting to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks - boiler is not actually mine, I shall concentrate my attention on the descaler as my next task :)

Well for a start you can't see the cold isolator as some plonker has turned it round to far, I bet someone's turned tat off. What's the story with the boiler?

Well for a start you can't see the cold isolator as some plonker has turned it round to far, I bet someone's turned tat off. What's the story with the boiler?

The story on the boiler is that it is othetwise fine but for no water flow. It has been like this for some time and they asked me if I could have a look. As I say the CH is fine, I am going round in the morning to check if it might be a descaler blockage. I presume if I open the filling loop and nothing happens I am hopefully just a valve turn away.

I will post a pic of the descaler tomorrow if I am still none the wiser. It's one where you drop little descaler balls into it at regular intervals apparently, if that means anything to anyone.

Easy flow you are a star!!! Bang on mate!

The culprit was indeed the descaler

The descaler cover turned out to be bust.

There are two little red buttons either side used to remove cover for topping up with descaler balls. one button had been pushed in with excessive force and was dislodged to the extent that it would no longer enage the spring lever that opens the flow to the boiler.

New cover from Cistermiser on way £33.60 inc vat and shipping

All sorted with grateful thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back