Vaillant Combi not heating all the radaitors

iqi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help.

I have a vaillant combi boiler, just recently had an extension done to the house and so had extra radiators put on.

The problem I have is all the upstairs are heating up just perfectly but the downstairs one are just lukewarm and also taking a very long time to heat up.

The builder is overlooking all the work, building, plastering, plumbing electrical.

He insists the boiler is not powerful enough which I do not believe him cos it's just the downstairs radiators that are not heating well, by the way all the downstairs rads are new.

I was speaking to a friend the other day and he suggested something like the uptairs rads need to be throttled abit so they do not take up all the heat and so letting the heat get to the rads downstairs (any suggestions?).

When I had the boiler fitted the corgi guy did say it was sufficient to heat upto 14 rads.

I have 9 radiators and 2 small towel radiators.

Thanks
Iqi

Sponsored Links
close the upstairs rads then open them enougth so they heat up but not all the way open that is called balancing your radiators (i think) but you might have more of a prob it might be a kinked pipe or minibore or bleeding / blockage of some sort
the boiler you have it capable of what you are asking of it i am sure of that try a bit of detective work on what is your prob failing that i am sure it wont cost a lot to get a heating engineer to have a looksee not all of them are overpriced[/code]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back