Vaillant eco tec plus shut down.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,

Recently had installed a new combi boiler Valliant eco tec plus only 2.5 years ago.

Tonight what seems like power cut to the lights, the boiler switched off completely and without any display. After switching on the fuse box the lights came on but the boiler remained off. I turned on/off the main socket, but nothing happened.

Attachments

• 20200416_174211.jpg
    20200416_174211.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 20200416_174215.jpg
    20200416_174215.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Where does the boiler connect to electric supply ,is it plugged into a socket ,or wired into a fused connection unit ? Check their fuses.

I have tried looking for a but i can't seem to find it. I cant see any plugs either

Follow the cable from the boiler ,maybe. It has to be somewhere .
By the way,what tripped on your consumer unit , RCD, Mcb ,or other ?

Sponsored Links
I'm confused, you've said you've had a Vaillant ecotec plus combi installed, yet you've posted a photo of an entirely different boiler? A Vaillant Home 18r, which is neither an ecotec nor a combi? It's not even really a Vaillant, it's a cheap Glow-worm with a Vaillant badge on it.

I suggest that the fuse in the isolation switch has blown. It might be in your airing cupboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back