vaillant eco tec pro not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for some help with my boiler its a vaillant eco tec pro 24 the new one with no knobs on the front. Its run off a wireless thermostat which is set to its highest and room temp is 10 degrees lower so should kick is which it does for about 2 minutes then goes off the rads are heating slightly but not getting hot yet the thermostat is saying its still heating its been working fine in the pass. Any advise anyone thanks

Sponsored Links
There will be four rectangular buttons on the control panel. Press and hold the two bottom buttons on the control panel until the boiler enters chimney sweep mode. (This will automatically stop after 20 mins). The boiler should now fire up at full heating output.

If your heating comes on and the radiators get hot then it is highly likely you have a faulty thermostat. (Have you tried changing the batteries?)

If not. Then call an engineer as it is a boiler problem

Last edited:
could be in the wrong mode , i have exactly the same set up , my heating will come on full blast if my thermostat runs out of battries ( not sure why ) , take the battries out and look at the boiler, i think u may have set the heating mode down also , if you go into the menu by clicking down the button you should see it

There will be four rectangular buttons on the control panel. Press and hold the two bottom buttons on the control panel until the boiler enters chimney sweep mode. (This will automatically stop after 20 mins). The boiler should now fire up at full heating output.

If your heating comes on and the radiators get hot then it is highly likely you have a faulty thermostat. (Have you tried changing the batteries?)

If not. Then call an engineer as it is a boiler problem

Hi thanks for reply put it in chimney mode and it all heated u like you said then went back to what it was doing. Changed batteries and still no joy. Can you get new thermostats and is it easy to sinc to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
could be in the wrong mode , i have exactly the same set up , my heating will come on full blast if my thermostat runs out of battries ( not sure why ) , take the battries out and look at the boiler, i think u may have set the heating mode down also , if you go into the menu by clicking down the button you should see it

Thank you for your reply the boiler is also at the highest setting how can I check the mode or change it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back