Vaillant Ecomax 828 2e DHW luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello forum,

I Have a Vaillant Ecomax 828 2e which has decided to play up over the holiday period. At present the DHW is luke warm at best. It takes ages for it to reach luke warm. The rads dont appears to warm up when DHW is on. The HEX gets hot very quickly but hot water takes it time to warm up. I have read through the other posts and checked the NTC thermistors and they are all within tolerance.
Readings taken from Diagnostic menu are as follows:

D35 1
D40 71
D41 56
D60 52

I believe that the HEX needs replacing. I have another question regarding the diverter valve stepa motor is very noisy. The noise is transferred into the pipework and can be heard through out the house. Any advise help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The diverter valves on this boiler are prone to failure, but the most common cause of DHW problems on this boiler is the black rubber hose blocking. It will also of blocked the copper tubes either side.

I find a boiler brush is best to clean these out.

Sponsored Links
Just checking if the diagnostic reading for the diverter valve position D35 would still read 0,1 or 2 if it wasn't physically switching? Mine reads 0 but switches to 1 when hot water demand is there (I've not seen it read 2 yet). Still mostly only luke warm water for me, though it has occasionally come out really hot. :confused: My D49 and 41 are both 30 by the way.

Simon

Get it serviced & get the gasman to check the rubber hose, that'd be my 1st port of call ....

And it was 4 years ago, so I imagine he's got it sorted by now

Ok crack on then just don't squeeze the rubber hose ;)
Thanks Gasescape, my logic cannot work out why the blocked hose (if it is blocked) would only effect the domestic hot water and not the central heating too, any ideas?

I've got plenty ideas , to be honest changing/checking the rubber hose is simple & I can assure you a blocked hose will be "more" noticeable when running hot water than c/h though that's "not " to say it won't affect your c/h performance aswell ,
As said get the boiler serviced & checked by a descent gas engineer , I'm not in favour of folks going inside the boiler but heho it's not my boiler ...😉

Well the black hose was indeed totally blocked, all bar about a 2mm bore hole, no blockages in the copper pipes either side though. Unfortunately I'm still not getting hot water :( and I've just noticed that there should be a little tap symbol come on on the LCD when DHW is demanded and it doesn't.

Does it seem likely it could be the diverter valve? Or any other suggestions?

If your not gettng the tap symbol it's most probably Aqua sensor or pcb .
Probably cheaper gettng a gas bod to test & repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back