Vaillant ECOmax 828E running too hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a vaillant ecomax 828e with the temperature fluctuating on the shower from very hot to tepid, so I called in an engineer and he flushed the heat exchanger and refitted. When he left the water temp on the boiler was at 5 where I always had it at 6. The water from taps and shower was way too hot so I put it down to 4 on the boiler, still the water was too hot from taps and still it fluctuated on the shower.

I called him back re the shower as although it was now too hot to tepid the taps were just too hot. His view was the tap heat was lovely and the shower head needed replacing. He also changed the washer on the shower head to one with a much larger hole so now it's gushing water and I'm on a water meter!

I don't understand why the temperature of the water is so very hot but at a lower temp setting on the boiler than it always was, is there a thermostat on the boiler somewhere? will my rads be too hot when the ch comes on?

I just feel that I am being fobbed off here (I am a female after all) but I would like to understand why after fourteen years everything changed.

Please help me if you can

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, to help you we need some technical tests some of which may be too difficult for you to do.

Examples, turn temp control on boiler to 1-2 and see what the temp is.

Better if you have a thermometer or electronic meter for that.

Measure the flow rate from shower head. See the FAQ on this site!

It could be that your desire to use less water is causing the boiler to operate outside the expected range.

Or you could try to find a better engineer as he does not seem to be communicating with you very well. Possibly he is not such a good engineer but I cannot form any opinion yet on that.

If you are 51 or born in 1951 then you are old enough that you should be enjoying life and should not be saving to leave more in your will. Your beneficiaries may not agree though!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back