Vailant 828E heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Vaillant turboMAX 828E. The central heating seems OK but the hot water isn't working. It looks like it is going through the heating start up process but the water comes out warm. The temperature knob is up to the max. Occasionally it'll come out hot for a few seconds then back to tepid. No fault codes showing. Any ideas or what to check? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
All fixed (fingers crossed)

The flow sensor was jammed with scale

I drained it down, removed the circlip, pulled out the impeller and the chamber was pretty full of scale. Cleaned and re-assembled and it seems to be fine now.

All fixed (fingers crossed)

The flow sensor was jammed with scale

I drained it down, removed the circlip, pulled out the impeller and the chamber was pretty full of scale. Cleaned and re-assembled and it seems to be fine now.

And the award `Pointless post of the week` goes to................ :rolleyes: keep us informed when your toaster isn`t browning your bread enough, more importantly why your neighbour wears a wig...

Sponsored Links
I searched on here first and found quite a few people with a similar problem and no conclusive replies. As I have fixed mine (hopefully) I thought the information might be useful to others as it is very simple and free to try.

I presume you are giving yourself 'pointless post of the week', it isn't clear from your pointless post. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back