Vaillant Turbomax plus 828E Hot Water Problem

not fibbing or telling porkies - I have no reason to do so. Will take photos again and compare against previous photos to see if I can spot any differences, will know soon enough if I have been mugged. I didn't see him open the cover that sits on top of the PCB if he did sneakily change the jumper as you suggest. I can confirm that hot water is HOT now. Before replacing the diverter valve the boiler engineer explained that it was the diverter valve by showing me the hot water outlet pipe was very hot to touch yet the water from the tap at the time was luke warm - I must say I believed him but what do I know, I'm just a layman when it comes to boilers !

Sponsored Links
Aquaheat - not sure how you came to the conclusion that I wouldn't listen, I came on here to 'hear' expert opinions and took the advice about jumper settings to my boiler engineer so don't know what you are talking about !

Before replacing the diverter valve the boiler engineer explained that it was the diverter valve by showing me the hot water outlet pipe was very hot to touch yet the water from the tap at the time was luke warm - I must say I believed him but what do I know, I'm just a layman when it comes to boilers !

So from the outlet of the boiler to the nearest DHW tap it lost all of this heat!!??

I suggest you learn how your boiler works. A diverter valve does not give the symptoms that you have described so you have either described the initial symptoms wrong or you have been lubed up and bent over.

@Bunnyman is very very good on these things and we have all had the same opinion as he has also. You seem to think your guy has done you a favour by charging you more for the same issue that we see on a weekly or monthly basis.

Aquaheat - not sure how you came to the conclusion that I wouldn't listen, I came on here to 'hear' expert opinions and took the advice about jumper settings to my boiler engineer so don't know what you are talking about !

Read through the posts, you were told time and time again what the fault would be but not how to rectify it as we won't give gas advice on here.

You approached your "RGI" and gave him this info.

He has then had a little "Oh f00k" moment and worked out a way out of it.

Turns up and rather than losing face replaces a part that doesn't need replacing while correcting the issue he missed.

As said above, pop some pics up of everything and we should be able to tell.

Jon

Sponsored Links
So here are the pics, can't see any differences from previous pics myself although I have no idea where I should be looking, maybe your trained eyes can spot something...at the moment I am inclined to believe that my boiler engineer has not mugged me unless you guys can show me otherwise.
pcb.jpg
g_valve.jpg

No room stat/interlock?????..a good example of 'premature boiler failure'.....:censored:

'premature boiler failure' - could you please clarify ?

Boiler operated via time clock for heating?..obviously void of any room thermostat?
Radiators fitted with TRV's?
Can't be arzed to clarify so apologies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back