Vaillant ecomax coming on for no reason

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to check whether this is normal. I have a vaillant ecomax combi boiler and over the weekend my wife noticed it came on when she was outside. The heating is not on yet and no taps were in use.
I have got home today and noticed it as well, it came on for a minute or so and showed 57 degrees on the display, no taps on and heating off.

Sponsored Links
If there is a small "c" on the display you have warmstart activated.

Its normal. The boiler has a preheat funcion, it keeps the hot water heat exchanger hot so hot water doesn't take quite as long to arrive at the taps. In my opinion it is a waste of gas and I would turn it off. Can't remember exactly how to turn it off on these boilers but it will tell you in the manual

Sponsored Links
Turn the hot water dial all the way off and then back to where you want it, this will turn off the preheat but if you turn it to maximum it will turn it back on again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back