Vaillant ecopro max 28e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if this boiler is any good to replace my ageing baxi boiler, and if it is suitable to heat a 4 bed detached house. if not can anyone offer any advice as to a suitable replacement.

cheers
simon

Sponsored Links
it is not an ecopro max but an ecomax 828/2 but is a superb boiler if you want faster hot water might i suggest an ecomax 835/2 for about £80 to £100 quid more

is it better to get the condenser combi or just the condenser style, which would be cheaper for installation
cheers
simon

Sponsored Links
how easy wil it be for an engineer to replace the std old boiler for the new ecomax condenser and roughly how much will it cost, and lastly anybody know a good cheap fitter around doncaster s.yorks

cheers
simon

Hi...I think you might find that the good fitters are not that cheap. The good ones will do the job right though.
You gets what you pay for. ;)

Does he not mean the Ecomax Pro 28E? The 'standard' condensing boiler for open vented (or kit sealed systems), as opposed to the 6 series system boilers. The 8 series are combies.
In which case, yes its a very good little boiler, easy to fit, dead quiet and range rates from 8-28kw. Unless your house is huge it should do nicely.

And thats the problem, modulating from 8-28 kW.

Once up to temperature on a not so cold day it would be so much better to have a boiler which would modulate down much lower, ideally to 3 kW.

Tony

Tony, I gave duff info- its 5-28kw. However, out of interest what boiler would you say is better in the same price bracket?

I very intentionally keep an open mind on all the differing makes of boilers. I also find it very difficult to keep up to date with the specifications of the various Vaillant models.

I have heard mention of a limited modulation range on DHW on the Ecotech models.

Although there are supply and stocking problems, I think the Viessmann are very price competitive with the Vaillant. They have a reputation for reliability which I have no reason to disbelieve.

Whatever model I would suggest ( I never recommend! ) I would very carefully check all the technical specs to try to identify any possible problems in any particular application.

Tony

You should stand for parliament with those kind of non-answers! :D
If I was the customer I'd take 'suggest' and 'recommend' pretty much the same way- but I think I get your drift. Cheers.

ok iv read all the answers that dont realy tell me the answer to what i asked ! looking for some one to tell me if this syetem will be a good replacement for my old std baxi 20yrs plus, i dont know what closed / open / sealed systems are all about, all i know is that my system is in a cupboard that has to have vents into the hallway and it has a hot water tank and 2 tanks in the loft.

ta
simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back