Vaillant EcoTec 306 VU cycling

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello everyone,

I've read this blog for a long time getting inspiration for various problems I've faced. Never before was I writing until now. I'm not a professional in plumbing or HVAC, but I'm an engineer, so I understand some of it and can fix many problems with proper information.
I noticed last week, when I first started the heating this year, that the boiler is running a minute or so and then it stops the flame. The temperature is set at 50. After the temperature reaches 55 the flame stops and the pump continues to run until I can read 30 or below 1-2 degrees when the flame comes on again. And the rads are getting warm really hard.
On the contrary, the hot water storage works perfectly - the flame stays on until the target temperature in the reservoir is reached and only then stops.
I've had a technician from Vaillant at home today and he first said that the heating circuit is clogged - he cleaned filters and everything and in the end, he concluded that the 3-way valve is the problem. I kind of doubt - the water heating works really well, shouldn't be some problems there, too?
Maybe somebody has an idea, thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back