Glow Worm Ultracom 38cxi central heating problem.

Thanks Micky. Gave that a try as my total load is only about 9-10kw. Problem is when it first fires up it seems to still put out the full 18kw for the first 60 seconds (full flames shown on display). After 60 seconds it seems to drop down to the 10kw I've got it set at (max 2 flames) and the water temp drops rapidly. So the problem remains that within that first 60 seconds it still overshoots unless I set the target temp quite high (about 75).

Really got me stumped this one!!!

Sponsored Links
is that the combi or just a heat only boiler? It can't be circulating properly.

Hi all,

I've noted BW65587 has stated its possible to reduce the output of the 38hxi if its oversized for a system. I've got the older pre Ultracom 38hxi runnig at 38kw and it's a bit big for my house, is it possible to reduce its output and if so how is it done?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Reading the instruction manual for the Ultracom combi it states that the DHW pre-heat can be timed, it says:

"It is possible to enable a second programmer channel to control the DHW circuit pre-heat function"

Just to clarify, does this mean that you could time the pre heat to come on at 06:00 until 08:00 then go off then come on at 16:00 until 20:00 ?

Cheers

Hi,
Reading the instruction manual for the Ultracom combi it states that the DHW pre-heat can be timed, it says:

"It is possible to enable a second programmer channel to control the DHW circuit pre-heat function"

Just to clarify, does this mean that you could time the pre heat to come on at 06:00 until 08:00 then go off then come on at 16:00 until 20:00 ?

Cheers

Yes thats right

Thanks for that, that's a great feature.

Can this be done with the inbuilt programmer or do you need to use an external one?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back