glow-worm ultracom 38cxi DHW hot-cold-hot-cold problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 4 year old glow-worm ultracom 38cxi and the DHW is only luke warm as the boiler seems to fire up (on all flame lights on lcd panel) only to go of again after say ten seconds then on again and it will continue like this. I have know error messages and the central heating seems fine radiators are all nice and hot. Can somone please give me some advise on what may be wrong.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks Mick, what price should i expect to pay for the job of removing and fitting the heat exchanger? i have found out that the heat exchanger is about £80 + delivery. There is only one heat exchanger in the boiler so i thought this should be okay as the CH is okay. Does the heat exchanger have two chambers and only one side is blocked?

as i say its most likely but not definate, it needs investigating. removing the plates on these is a doddle though. Could be blocked with sludge or scale, also theres a filter in the boiler which could also be blocked, which is a bit more tricky to get at.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. I will also mention that the magnet filter was really dirty (cleaned today) and that the water pressure seems to rise slowly. I changed a rad downstairs about 4 weeks ago filled it to 1.0bar and its now reading 1.5bar, could this be the diverter valve playng up putting more water in the CH system?

maybe the filling loops not turned fully off, it wont be the diverter valve thats something totally different. If the system is dirty your boiler will get recurring problems, this needs sorting. Maybe you should contact your installer, its possible it wasnt flushed properly when it was installed.

Hi

We have the same problem as you, c4yr old 38cxi with hot water running hot-cold. We had the filter cleaned and a part changed (not sure which!) and this improved but did not fix.

Plumber now seems to have gone awol after advising another part needed fixing a cost c£600.

Did you get yours repaired or replaced? Appreciate it if you could share your findings.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back