Vaillant Ecotec 838 How to remove Pressure Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I desperately need some help. I have Ecotec exclusive 838 with a faulty pressure sensor. I got replacement part and tried to install but the old pressure sensor is somehow locked in place. I have removed the metal clip which holds it but I am not sure if there is another clip or some sort of knack to removing it.

Picture shows the pressure sensor in place from front and side (with the clip removed).

Is there a second clip somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You shouldn't be removing the casing of your boiler - it forms the safety room seal and work within that area should only be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer who can carry out the Regulation 26.9 checks on completion.

@muggles - We are both grownups, so its up to each of us to make our choices. This in my own home that I was happy to attempt myself. I didn't break any laws or take any payment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You broke GSIUR.
You aren't competent and we do not support you. Payment is irrelevant.
Your opinion doesn't matter.
See the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back