Vaillant ecotec plus 824 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps, first post...

Went to a job yesterday today to fix a leak in a vaillant ecotec plus 824. One of the central heating pipes was leaking from the underside of the heat exchanger. I removed the clip housing and eased the pipe out to check the rubber seal, which was fine. Replaced pipe and clip and refilled, no leaks. Got a call earlier this evening that pressure has gone from boiler again i assume from the same place. Anyone had this problem before?

ste

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the reply gordon. So id you would change the hose further along the pipe even though the leak was before there?

Im wondering whether the washer might have flattened too much and thats what is causing the leak when its under pressure.

Sponsored Links
always replace the washer or O-ring after separating something :idea:, old ones often leak.

Right gents, update. Been back round there today. Replaced both o-rings on heating pipes f/r. Filled system and it leaks before it barely reaches .5 bar. On further inspection it appeared to be leaking from a split/pin hole in the plastic section on the underside of the burner were the pipes enter. Leaked no matter what i tried. Checked parts manual and there is no reference to this section in there. Got me annoyed and puzzled no end.

sounds like the heat exchanger is a gonna if what you say is right. Although you referring to the sump part of the heat exchanger as a burner is more worrying than the fact you've found one with a pinhole tbh.

Slip of the tongue as you can see from my first post. No need for you to worry, thanks for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back