Vaillant EcoTec Pro 24 Vs Plus 824

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace the Boiler @ one of my properties.

Apartment is

Ground floor:
2 Reception
1 Dining
Kitchen
Bathroom

Lower ground floor:
2 bedrooms

Plumber recommends a 24kW Vaillant Combi

Can anybody tell me what the real differences are between the Vaillant EcoTec Pro 24 Vs Plus 824?

Does anyone here have any other recommendations?

Sponsored Links
The plus and the Pro that you get now have different gas assemblies and the plus has a hot water sesor, the pro calculates the rough HW temp from existing sensors. That being said, an end user, probably wouldnt notice the difference, the big difference is the warranties, the Plus being 5 years standard and 7 with an advanced installer, the pro being 2 standard and 5 with advanced i think? cant remember exactly off the top of my head.

Depending on the hot water flow rate available in the house, I would go for the Pro28 (cheaper model - better Hot water output) rather than the plus824 (plus models more expensive but being a 24kw wont have as good a HW rate)

Sponsored Links
Oh the main you talk about has a sillicone/alloy heat exchanger, where as the Vaillant has the Stainless Steel Gionanni Unit (very reliable and more expensive than aluminium/silicone based heat exchangers)

Not worked on the main so no idea as to what their like perforamnce/noise wise etc

Decided on a Glow-Worm EasiCom 28.

Local shop have offered it to me for £700 inc. MagnaClean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back