Might anyone be able to help me choosing a Vaillant ecoTEC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm planning to get a new Vaillant ecoTEC to replace my old Ravenheat 820/20 which finally gave up on life. I'm struggling to choose between the ecoTEc pro 24, pro 28, plus 824 and plus 831.

The house is a very small back to back end terrace with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom across 4 floors. 7 rads in total - 2 in the basement, 1 single and 1 double on ground floor, 2 on first floor and 1 on second floor. The old Ravenheat was about good enough since I can put up with not using the kitchen hot tap whilst someone else showers but a little more power might be nice. The bath is very rarely used since I'm too tall!

The plus 831 seems like overkill. The pro 24 and plus 824 work out about the same price if I take into account the 2 years extra warranty on the plus versus 2 years extra insurance on the pro. The pro 28 would give a little extra power.

I've three questions:

1. Any strong opinions on which boiler best suits my needs?

2. I currently have 15mm pipework on the hot water 22mm pipework on the CH to the Ravenheat - do these match the specs for the ecoTECs?

3. I saw a video online suggesting the internal filling loop on the plus is perhaps more of a disadvantage than an external loop for the pro if repairs are ever needed down the line. Is this worth taking into consideration?

Many thanks in advance if you have any comments.

Sponsored Links
The 28 kW will give that little extra hot water but will never enable two hot outlets to be used together.

I agree the internal filling loops are a source of many problems and particularly on the Vaillants!

Fitting a normal filling loop at installation would usually save about £200 during the life of the boiler for an outlay of perhaps £15.

We would recommend the Intergas boilers if you are not concerned by their backup.

Tony

Curious about your last line in your reply Tony.

Not wanting to highjack ells thread here but perhaps you could expand on their backup and would would be the concern
regards Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back