Vaillant Combi Plus vs Pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a new boiler fitted yesterday, and to say I'm slightly irritated is an understatement. I was expecting (and quoted for) a Vaillant EcoTec plus, however what the plumber fitted was the cheaper EcoTec pro. I'm now trying to decide whether to negotiate a reduction in cost for the lower spec and accept the pro, or whether to take the hard line and ask them to replace the pro with the correct boiler. I could really do without the hassle of a big arguement and more disruption though, so providing it's a good boiler of a similar spec to the ecoTec plus I'd rather just stick with what I've got. As the boiler arrived from the wholesaler without any instructions or the benchmark certificate I could also do without upsetting the installer too much until he's sorted all that out and handed over the correct paperwork to me...

I've been trying to find out the differences between the pro and the plus, but the Vaillant websiite isn't a lot of help. Can anyone help me out with some information on the main differences between the two?

Sponsored Links
Pro is slightly less powerful to DHW

Pro only has a one year warranty as opposed to 2 on the plus

Pro only has a single speed pump

Pro doesn't look so nice, no front cover flap

Pro is about £50ish quid cheaper

I would never fit a Pro, the £50 will be lost instantly if you have a fault in year 2.

Insist they fit what they quoted for. They have broken the terms of the contract the quote forms between you both.

Thanks for that. I'd picked up the bit about the front flap, the warranty and also that the built in status display isn't as good on the pro, but hadn't realised about the pump and the hot water performance.

After calming down a bit and before reading the reply here I'd come to the conclusion that as I didn't want to take another day off work or let the same plumbers anywhere near my house for remedial work I'd just accept what I've got providing that they reduced the bill accordingly. The warranty isn't a huge issue as it'll be covered by a British Gas homecare plan which should cover any repairs for a flat fee (£50) if I read things correctly. Out of the money I get knocked off the bill I was then thinking of buying the front flap and hinge kit spares from the plus and fitting it to my boiler (the cabinets look identical apart from that). I'll need to look into the implications of the pump and DHW issues now though.

To get a rough cost of the front flap and hinge kit I've had a quick google but can't find anywhere which sells the right Vaillant spares. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back