Vaillant EcoTec Pro & Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a new Vaillant EcoTec Pro combi boiler installed by a Gas Engineer and was wondering if I have been done by him by installing an inferior model. Reading the Vaillant Website it seems that the Plus model is much superior but can't really find out in which way other than having a extra years warranty.
Is the performance better ? i.e faster hot water flow rate. Also noticed that I can hear the boiler (like a furnace burning) all around the house apart from where I stand right next to it and it seems reasonably quite, is this normal?
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Sponsored Links
I can't see how you could have been 'done' if that is the boiler he quoted to fit.

Do you have a written quote?

Few people fit the Pro, it is normally put in social housing. Nothing fundamental wrong with it though. Was the individual Corgi registered and did he fill out (completely) the benchmark form. If not, you haven't got a warranty at all :confused: .

Yes, he was a corgi reg installer. I have checked. and he has issued a compliance certificate and a CP 12 form.
So, what are the main differences then ?

So you are renting it out?

You will find all the differences on the Vaillant.co.uk website. Perhaps you should have looked there before you accepted the quote?

Sponsored Links
The CP12 is for rented properties.

Its also used to fool home owners when the installer is not CORGI registered to do work for you. Ofthen this is because they are only registered with their employer like British Gas in which case they are NOT registered to do work on the side!

Tony

The CP12 is for rented properties.

Its also used to fool home owners when the installer is not CORGI registered to do work for you. Ofthen this is because they are only registered with their employer like British Gas in which case they are NOT registered to do work on the side!

Tony

If the installer is registered with their employer, does that mean the installer is CORGI registered?

It means nothing. The CORGI reg is for a business or individual trading as an installer.

If someone is employed by a business with a CORGI reg they cannot do their own work unless they hold a CORGI reg. in their own name.

BG for instance do not allow their staff to hold their own CORGi reg, thus they cannot fit boilers outside their work without either breaching CORGI or their contract of employment. Assuming they know how to fit a boiler, of course ;)

CORGI are in the process of making it easier for individuals to 'moonlight' legally, I believe. Can't remember the detail.

If your on a firms Corgi reg you can become registered in your own right without having to pay the first time/one off assesment fee just the standard registration charge.

Some differences between pro and plus are shorter warrenty,no built in filling loop, no drop down panel to hide the controls.

Thanks icqs, appreciate your reply, so its really a cosmetic thing other than performance ?

The pro is less powerful, 28Kw as opposed to 31Kw, it also only has a single speed pump, the rest as others have said.

Designed primarily for the cheap new build market. Total waste of time in my book as it is only about £50 cheaper than the 831.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back