Vaillant EcoTec boiler - HW only when CH is on ?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I imagine I'm not the first to bring up this problem, but anyway:

My newly installed unvented system incorporates a Vaillant EcoTec 630 boiler and Honeywell ST9400C digital programmer. Installed a few months ago but only moved into house a couple of weeks ago so barely used.

First problem - programmer seems to be wired incorrectly as the button for CH turns on the HW, and vice versa. (Annoying, but we have coped)

Second (bigger) problem - only get HW if both buttons are turned on.

I have read online about faulty diverter valves, but like I said, the installation is fairly recent with very little use, so I'm hoping that's not it.

Is it possible the 2nd problem is due merely to the programmer being wired incorrectly?

Thanks a lot.

NB. Before you ask - yes, I have asked contractor to return, but he has not managed to come back yet...

Sponsored Links
Any valve can fail at any age!

But it does seem that its probably a wiring error. The standard of some work in our industry is very poor.

My advice is NOT to fiddle with it as if you do it could invalidate any warrantee from the installer.

Expect them to return within three days as its not an urgent matter.

Tony

Thanks.

Just checked - I have a system boiler not a combi - so would that rule out the possibility of it being the Diverter Valve failing (acc to Vaillant manual, only the combi has a DV; the system doesn't)?

You cannot win!

I have told you what is likely to be wrong and that you should not touch it. but you are still trying to think about repairing it yourself.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You cannot win!

I have told you what is likely to be wrong and that you should not touch it. but you are still trying to think about repairing it yourself.

Tony

No I am not and i have no idea why you think that is the case. You misunderstand me.

I am just asking if the possibility that it is the wiring, is more than a likelihood, but a certainty (seeing as it cannot be the non-existent diverter valve)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back