HW only - If flow set to 60c it goes up to 80c

It's fine on CH

When both CH and HW on together it will go up an extra 10c

Here's a video with it on HW only

Sponsored Links
Probably a secondary heat exchanger issue
apologies though it was a combi ,ignore my comment

Last edited:
Boiler does make a water gulping sound when I switch between HW and CH and some of the pipes making clanging noise too but 3 port valve is very far from the boiler up in the loft

Is this a new problem? Or could it have been going on for ages and you've only just noticed it?

Am I right in thinking this is a regular heat only boiler?

What does the dial with the tap symbol on actually do? Does it do anything?

Sponsored Links
Is this a new problem? Or could it have been going on for ages and you've only just noticed it?

Am I right in thinking this is a regular heat only boiler?

What does the dial with the tap symbol on actually do? Does it do anything?
A new problem.

Heat only boiler, that dial does nothing

Is It a sealed or open vented system, if sealed, check pressure is 1 bar cold, minimum, if OV, check that feed and expansion cistern in the attic is "full", around a 1/3rd or so.

I thought I remembered the name, it all goes back to this??.

You now have a 6M Wilo Yonos Pico, what mode/setting and power output and flowrate is it showing, you found the almost brand new UPS 3 full of crap, also the magnetic filter, have you checked/cleaned them out/.

I thought I remembered the name, it all goes back to this??.

You now have a 6M Wilo Yonos Pico, what mode/setting and power output and flowrate is it showing, you found the almost brand new UPS 3 full of crap, also the magnetic filter, have you checked/cleaned them out/.
Hahaha how you doing?

It's on constant curve highest setting.

Yes magnetic filter cleaned a few times and last time I added inhibitor to it and that immediately helped this new issue.

If it's working ok for CH but not HW to me that suggests that there may be is insufficient water flow when the HW only is on.

Is there a restriction in the HW circuit. Usually there is a balancing valve on the HW return, has it inadvertently been closed too much?

111.jpg

Anything happen just before the problem occurred, any work being done elsewhere, anything been changed?

If it's working ok for CH but not HW to me that suggests that there may be is insufficient water flow when the HW only is on.

Is there a restriction in the HW circuit. Usually there is a balancing valve on the HW return, has it inadvertently been closed too much?

View attachment 338138

Anything happen just before the problem occurred, any work being done elsewhere, anything been changed?
Nothing at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back