Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a model ecotec Exclusive 838.

A while ago, I noticed that the pump could be heard running constatntly when no heating/hot water on....I found the water pressure had been low (F.22) and after refilling, it seemed to work again.
Today....after having a shower, I noticed that the pump (or could it be a fan?) is constantly running.
When I access the error codes...the first one comes up nnn....then it shows the dry-fire code etc (which I assume are in memory from last time). The status code shows S.30 (Room thermostat blocks heating operation Terminal s 3'-4' open).
Other than that, the display looks normal....but the pump continues to run!!!
Before I contact B Gas....I was wondering if I am missing something simple?
Also, today has been really hot weather (like it has been for a while)...couldthis have an effect?

Cheers

Patrick

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have a model ecotec Exclusive 838.

Today....after having a shower, I noticed that the pump (or could it be a fan?) is constantly running.
When I access the error codes...the first one comes up nnn....then it shows the dry-fire code etc (which I assume are in memory from last time). The status code shows S.30 (Room thermostat blocks heating operation Terminal s 3'-4' open).
Other than that, the display looks normal....but the pump continues to run!!!
Before I contact B Gas....I was wondering if I am missing something simple?
Also, today has been really hot weather (like it has been for a while)...couldthis have an effect?

Cheers

Patrick

That seems to be a new model or is it just one I have not encountered.

You tell us all that but you dont bother to say what the system pressure is!

Tony

why contact bg or did they fit it.

i'd be ringing group service as its less than a year old i would have thought.sounds a bit pcb ish.

Tony, same as the other ecotech plus's but with a nicer front and control set differnt warrenty i think.

Tony surely you remember the very noisy ecotec Exclusive 838. ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back