Vaillant ecoTEC plus 428 operation block function

Hi Guys! Since setting D0 to 21 there has been no reoccurrence of fault code S53 whether the pump is switched to setting 2 or setting 3. Thanks to you the house is roasty toasty warm.

Sponsored Links
Can this fault (S.53) be caused by blocked flow? I have this code on a Vaillant boiler and the flow isolation valve seems to show signs of leakage. Could this valve have failed shut?

Certainly the F53 can be caused by any flow restriction. But its best to start your own thread rather than add to an old one where the problems are likely to be different.

Valves often leak but if its in the mechanical "open" position with a line through it in line with the pipe then it will be open.

Lack of flow is caused by dirty or failing pump or sludge in the system or wrongly set lockshield valves.

Tony

Hi just wanted to ask how you turn the kw rating down on the ecotec plus 428 I've tried the +/- together but it does not give me the 21 option sorry to hijacking this thread but having the same symptoms

Sponsored Links
Did you press i & + together to get D.0 adjust to 21 using +/- then press i and hold until it for 10 secs as kevdgas instructed the OP to do ?

Very many thanks for all the information about down rating this large capacity boiler.

I now know a lot more about the operation of this boiler than the installer. He wanted to start running temporary return pipes.

I have set D0 to 18 after using the rule of thumb calculation of 6BThU/cubic foot. Now happy days.

Again many thanks

Robert

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back