VAILLANT ECOTEC PLUS 831 2 AMP FUSE PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 keeps blowing the 2 amp fuse on the circuit board for no apparent reason , I replace it and it runs for anywhere between 10 minutes and 10 hours before blowing again. Pump ,fan , hot water and heating all working till it blows. HELP :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
You seem to have an intermittent fault. They can be difficult to find.

Often its the pump. If thats mains powered then it can be supplied from a seperate supply with a 3A fuse.

The fuse on your boiler is fine, its no problem, its doing its job and blowing when the rated current is exceeded. Good things fuses!

Tony

The pump has been checked and seems fine . The fuse sometimes blows even when there is no water or heating on. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Exactly how has the pump been checked?

Its a while since I looked at the mains imput circuitry on that model.

It might have an RF filter or surge spike limiter and those can sometimes cause intermittent fuse blowing.

I would not discount the pump yet! They are often spun for a few seconds every 24 hrs.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back